Moving away to University can be a daunting prospect – especially given the current situation. But whilst 2020 hasn’t necessarily gone to plan so far, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be excited about what’s ahead of you.
At Pobl Student Living, we’re dedicated to providing quality student accommodation in Aberystwyth and as part of our service, we want to make sure that you feel completely at ease when it comes to moving in. That’s why we’ve put together the following checklist of items you may have forgotten.
Some of the items have been suggested by our experienced lettings managers, whilst others have been put forward by Aberystwyth University students via Facebook.
Take a look to see if there’s anything you’ve missed…
- Important documents and ID
- Facemasks, hand sanitiser & thermometer
- Soap, toiletries & towels
- Loo roll (that’s not an excuse to cause another shortage!)
- Food staples such as pasta and tinned goods to get you started
- Tea spoons – you can never have too many!
- Crockery, cutlery and saucepans
- Tin opener & bottle opener
- Coat hangers (and clothes!)
- Home comforts (photos, cushions, blankets – anything that will make your room feel more like home)
- All your devices (and their chargers)
As our Aberystwyth accommodation is directly on the seafront, you may want to bring a wet suit or some swimwear and a beach towel, if you fancy a dip (we do get a bit of sunshine in September!) You’ll also need a good raincoat and a strong umbrella. It’s Wales, remember!
Whilst we were compiling the list, some top tips came to light too.
Lots of alumni told us that stainless steel pans are better than non-stick, as once you’ve welded pasta sauce to the bottom of a trusty metal pan, there’s always a brillo pad option!
In reality though, Aberystwyth town centre is home to a variety of shops, where you’ll be able to buy anything you’ve forgotten. So, don’t panic – enjoy the move and what’s to come in the new term. Everyone at Pobl Student Living hopes you have the best year!