Three months ago, Charter and our in-house workforce Pobl Trades started to re-think the whole process for arranging and managing Charter’s annual gas boiler servicing programme to 4700 homes.
The project has looked at who’s involved, how we communicate with residents and with one another, the technology we use, the wording in our letters, cards and emails, and even the colour of our envelopes!
Working together with Pobl Trades, Charter’s overdue gas services are now less than 10 at any time (actually only 4 at today’s date 3/10/17), our success rate for getting the service done on the first appointment is up from 60% to 80%, and the possibility of 100% gas services being ‘in-date’ is now closer than ever!
Lots of staff across Charter have been involved in making this happen; from the project leaders, to the support services and customer services teams to the gas engineers and supervisors at Pobl Trades and Heatforce. It’s their tireless hard work, attention and creativity that is making this a success every day.
The introduction of our ‘nudge’ theory has been an absolute revelation, especially with the redesigned letter and cards (complete with photos of the gas engineers) and pink envelopes!
This project is proof that when Pobl people work together to innovate and modernise, great things result!
We wanted to share some of the stand out ‘wins’ from this project:
- We are no longer having to take some residents to court to get in to service the boiler, which will save Charter £50,000 each year.
- Putting Nudge principles in to practise and seeing real results are keeping our residents safe in their homes.
- Communicating with residents in a way that works for them.
Collecting information that helps us to understand residents’ circumstances and priorities, the impact of our ‘nudges’, and to make improvements in future.
- PDA technology out on site with our engineers meaning less paper in the system and faster updates to our records.
- Improved success rate for first appointments meaning 1000 less wasted hours over a year; a saving of circa £35,000.
- More efficient processes and reduced duplication resulting in a real reduction in staff resource required for this work by one FTE.
A fantastic example of great team work, better internal networking and happier safer residents. #Positive #Connected #Considerate!
Article added: 4th October 2017