We're excited for you to stay with us and we really hope you enjoy your time here on the Aberystwyth seafront.
To make things easy for you, we have detailed everything you need to know, right here. So whether you’re confused about your rent payments or you want to know where to collect the post from, you’ll find everything you need to know below . . .
Welcome to Clarendon . . .Once you've picked up your keys from the Pobl Student Living Office you'll be ready to make your way to Clarendon. Pobl Student Living staff will be on hand to guide you to your flat and your room, then it's time to unpack and meet your new housemates!
We hope you love your new room! In order to ensure the safety of everyone at Clarendon, there are a few rules to follow…
- No candles
- No bikes in bedrooms
- All electrical items must be PAT tested
- No posters on walls
- No overnight guests
- Noise levels must be kept to a minimum from 11pm – 7am.
- We can’t accept mail on your behalf. Please ensure you’re at home for deliveries.
There will be one room inspection per semester. We’ll let you know when this is due to take place.
In the kitchen you will find an oven, hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, kettle and toaster. You’ll need to have brought all other items with you. If you’ve forgotten anything, don’t worry!
- Bedding: We have a limited number of bedding packs for sale at a cost of £25. These include a 10.5tpg duvet and cover, a sheet and 2 x pillows and covers. If you would like one then please let us know.
- Starter Kits: We have teamed up with a company who sell Uni starter packs and will deliver to Clarendon for you.
Enter “POBL10” at checkout to receive a 10% discount!
Fire alarm testing: between 10am-2pm on Fridays.
Cleaning: Communal areas will be cleaned every Monday and communal kitchens will be cleaned (floors mopped) each Wednesday.
- Black waste bin – Monday & Thursday.
- Recycling – Every Wednesday.
- Food waste – Every Tuesday.
- Glass recycling – Every 3rd Tuesday starting 29th September.
Sometimes we will need to gain access to communal areas or your room, in order to deep clean or carry out safety checks. We will let you know in advance when these are due to take place.
Report a Repair
We’re here to help you if anything goes wrong in your room or the communal areas.
In an emergency, we will be with you within 6 hours.
Please call 0330 175 9726.
If your repair is not classed as an emergency, we will be with you within 1-15 working days, depending on your request.
Please fill in the online form below:
In order to keep everyone safe, there are a few things you need to be aware of…
- No smoking: Please do not smoke anywhere in the building. Vaping and e-cigarettes are included in this rule.
- Fire doors: Please do not prop fire doors open.
- Fire alarm tests: We will test the fire alarms once a week at a time TBC. You will not need to evacuate.
There will be a full fire drill once every semester. You will need to evacuate to the promenade within 5 minutes when this takes place.
If the fire alarm sounds at any time (other than during the weekly test) you must evacuate immediately and make your way to the promenade.
FAQs - Please take a look, before you contact us . . .
If you have a query which hasn’t been answered above, do feel free to contact us.
Tenancy Related Enquiries:
If you have any other questions, please email email@example.com
Did You Know?
We’ve worked hard to ensure that Clarendon is completely carbon neutral.
Working with another not-for-profit organisation, we’ve planted 222 oak trees in nearby Lampeter.
We’re committed to sustainability and you’ll probably notice this in the way we work. We’re aiming to work digitally and won’t bombard you with lots of letters or plastic items.
We’re doing things differently and we hope you will help us by recycling your waste and looking after Aber. It’s a beautiful part of the world and we’re keen to help keep it that way for the future generations…