Penderi Energy Project is a flagship scheme that will see almost 650 Pobl homes in a Swansea community benefiting from the installation of state-of-the art renewable energy generation, energy storage and smart energy management technology.
It is anticipated that the innovative projected, supported by £3.5m EU funds from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Welsh Government, will see the community generate as much as 60 per cent of their total electricity requirements, reducing bills as well as carbon emissions by as much 350 tonnes per year.
Everwarm will install individual or communal batteries for all homes that will harness power generated via linked solar panels fitted to the majority of homes in the community, so that renewable energy is generated and can be stored for subsequent use across the full community.
Every home will also have new smart thermostats and intelligent heating controls, which can be managed through Sero’s digital app, to deliver energy bill savings for residents while also balancing demand from the grid so that stored energy is used at the most expensive times.
The operation will contribute to the increase in community energy schemes in Wales by retrofitting 644 homes with solar PV and battery storage technology and in doing so will:
- Reduce energy consumption and thus CO2
- Create an aggregated network in the community that will provide equal benefit to the residents irrespective of home orientation or positioning
- Reduce fuel poverty of households in the community
- Provide a monitoring service for residents through energy use patterns
- Provide significant community benefit through targeted training and employment opportunities throughout life of the project
Pobl House, Phoenix Way Enterprise Park, Phoenix Way, Swansea, SA7 9HG
Drop into the 104