facebook pixel

Student FAQs

Something on your mind? Find the answers to our most frequently asked questions here.

If you can’t find the answer to your question here, don’t worry. You can email us or give you student lettings manager a call:

  • Laura: 07854 197663
  • Katie: 07535 056688
  • How do I pay my rent?
  • How do I report a repair?

    Emergency Repairs:

    In an emergency, we will be with you within 6 hours.

    Please call 01792 488288 or 01633 212375.

    Non-Emergency Repairs:

    If your repair is not classed as an emergency, we will be with you within 24 hours – 15 working days, depending on your request. Follow this link to report a non-emergency repair. 

  • Do I need to pay Council Tax?

    Full time students are exempt from paying Council Tax. You will have to obtain a Council Tax Exemption Certificate from the University and provide us with a copy. If you fail to do this, you will be charged Council Tax.

  • Do I need to get contents insurance?

    Yes. Make sure that it covers your bike, if you have one.

  • Can I move to another room?

    If you want to change your room for any reason, this can be arranged subject to availability. There is an administrative and cleaning charge of £35.

  • What happens if I want to leave my accommodation before the end of my tenancy?

    If you want to leave, you have to apply to the student lettings managers in writing. If we have a student who is waiting for accommodation, we will authorise a surrender of your tenancy. If we do not have anyone waiting, we will assist by re-advertising your room, but it is your responsibility to find a replacement student to take over your tenancy with our agreement.

  • How do I log onto the Wi-Fi?

    Free Wi-Fi access is included in your rent.

    Option 1 Eduroam: Log into Eduroam with your University credentials as you do on campus. If you have any issues with this, you will need to contact the University’s I.T dept.

    Option 2 G5Zone: Log into G5Zone, enter in your email address, first name and last name. If you have any issues with this or wired connections, email helpdesk@g5tech.com or call the G5 help desk on 01224 443896 for assistance.

  • Is smoking allowed?

    Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the building. This includes electronic cigarettes and vaping.

  • How does the heating work?

    The heating throughout the building is on a timer, but you can control the temperature within your room via a thermostat.

  • Will my electrical items need to be PAT tested?

    Yes, if they are over 12 months old.

    We have Afan Electrical attending in October (we will let you know the date). You must take any items you have brought from home that are over 12 months old to be tested.

  • How do the TV remote controls work?

    There are instructions provided with each TV. For ease, you can view them here too.